How to start a blog and make money in 2021?
Are you confused on how to start a blog? and want to earn from that blog, make sure you read this entire article.
Don’t worry, I’m going to describe to you how to start a blog step -by- step.
So let me guide you step by step in creating a successful blog in 2021.
Here are the 10 easy steps that you should follow to excel in the field of blogging!
Table of Contents:
- Why do you want to start a blog?
- Choosing a field that you have most of the knowledge in for the perfect blogs and articles.
- Select the perfect niche you want to write articles for.
- Choose a blogging platform perfect & compatible with your niche.
- Get a Domain name and Hosting for your blogging website.
- Setting up Themes and Plugins for your website.
- Writing the first blog.
- Connecting your website to Google.
- How to scale the number of users in a limited amount of time.
- How to start earning from your blog.
Introduction to blogging
Blogging is an activity where the author of the website shares specific types of information and content to its users that add value to their lives. Also blogging has become one of the most important place holders in online earning subject’s list.
STEP #1. Why do you want to start a blog?
There are many different reasons for starting a blog as:
- To earn money by sharing knowledge you have.
- To get your online physical business online.
- To sell online and virtual products like Courses, eBooks etc.
- To get knowledge about a particular topic.
- Building a community that will help you in other projects too.
So by choosing one of the above reasons you get a more descriptive idea about how you should design the overall structure of the blog. Also make sure that the reason you select should be given the first priority and also stick to it till the end.
STEP #2. Choosing a field that you have most of the knowledge in for the perfect blogs and articles.
The most common mistake that beginner’s make is that they do not select the topic by the knowledge they have, rather they go to the topics that have the majority of the traffic.
By selecting the topic that you have knowledge of will help you in creation of unique content and articles from others.
Also it will help you in creation of new types of content that is not yet available on Google. It would help your site rank on Google more easily.
STEP #3. Select the perfect niche you want to write articles for.
Selecting a perfect niche is one of the important steps in blogging. So you should be very careful while choosing a particular niche. Also you should always stick to you niche as it helps Google Crawlers to assign a particular field to your website
Selecting a perfect niche is very differ from the area of selection.
You can follow these steps to find a perfect niche for you:
- Select the field that you have most of the knowledge and experience.
- Have a glance at the trending topics in that field.
- Select the topic that has an adequate number of users and also has less number of articles on it.
- Get a list of the keywords around that topic and get ready to write articles on that niche.
STEP #4 . Choose a blogging platform perfect & compatible with your niche.
There are many Blogging platforms such as:
- Blogger etc.
Here are some of the statistics of CMS platforms used by users.
Selecting a platform is as important as selecting a perfect niche.
It completely depends on the type of content you have to display on your website.
But our suggestion is that you should go with WordPress because:
- 23% of the websites on the internet are built using wordpress.
- Easy to understand for beginners.
- Responsive according to the device the website is viewed on.
- Has many useful plugins that make most of the complicated tasks easy.
- Has a huge community so it is easy to get your problems solved faster.
- It has many different templates pre built up that can be used free of cost for your website.
STEP #5. Get a Domain name and Hosting for your blogging website.
Domain means a name for your website that is being used by the browsers to find your website.
Choose a Domain name that is unique, small, attractive and easy to remember as well.
There are many Domain providers such as:
Here we are going to have a demo for GoDaddy:
1. Create an account.
2. Search for an available Domain.
3. Buy the Domain by adding to cart.
Hosting is like a home for your website where all the data related to your website can be stored and can be accessed by the users whenever they visit your website.
Note: Always choose a good hosting agency because it should always be active and keeps your website live most of the time
Some of the hosting agencies are:
Here we are going to consider Bluehost as our hosting platform.
1. Visit the BlueHost Website Homepage and Click Get Started Button.
2. Select your hosting plan.
3. Setup your Domain name.
4. Get registered with BlueHost.
5. Select your Hosting plan.
6. Get your payment done.
7. Create your account and you are good to go.
STEP 6#. Setting up Themes and Plugins for your website.
Themes and Plugins are the elements that make the WordPress platform differentiate
These make the development of the website easy and efficient.
Themes ate readymade templates developed by developers and they are customizable.
They help in shaving you a lot of time and getting the work done easily and rapidly.
Setting a theme is as follows:
1. Adding the theme to WordPress.
2. Choose a theme according to your wish.
3. Installing them and Activating the themes.
A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites.
Plugin can be installed and activated as follows:
1. Install & activate a plugin.
Some important plugins are:
- Elementor (Page Builder).
- WPForms Lite (Making Forms).
- Astra Widgets (For Templates).
- Rank Math SEO (SEO Optimization).
STEP #7. Writing the first blog.
Blog is also called an article where you can share your information about a topic in detail, share your views and opinions about that topic.
To get started we need to navigate to the blogs section.
Then by adding the title and meta description, and the permalink you can then start writing the blog.
Writing a blog contains some key elements such as:
- Searching a keyword: If you are a beginner and you want to rank your website to be ranked earlier on Google then always use long tail keywords as focus keywords.
- Optimizing the blog: This consists of making the blog SEO friendly and recognizable for the Google crawler for which the word your website is going to rank .
- Always check if the permalinks are set for the post name. It also helps in improving the SEO capability.
- Use as many as internal links to the blog.
To publish the blog carry the following steps:
STEP #8 Connecting your website to Google.
1. Install the plugin named Site Kit by Google.
2. To continue click start Setup & then sign In with Google Account.
Now your site is successfully connected to Google.
Also add the Sitemap of the website to the Google Search Console.
STEP #9. How to scale the number of users in a limited amount of time.
To get more users you can follow some set of instructions given below.
- Share the article on Social platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter.
- On LinkedIn you can even share your article by going to the article section and pasting the same article there with some internal linking to your website.
- Creating a space on Quora and sharing the same article with the same steps as done on LinkedIn.
- Mix.com and Medium are also some of the great ways to promote your website.
- At last, making your article as SEO friendly as it can be done.
STEP #10. How to start earning from Blog?
There are many ways some of them are:
- By adding some Ads on your website and by earning by Google Adsense.
- By adding some Affiliate links to the products that you are referring to in your blog.
- By creating and selling some value addition products like some Digital courses and Ebooks.
- By adding some promotional links to other blogs.
- By Sponsorship with companies and their products etc.
At last, blogging is a fun journey to be in. Let’s get started and enjoy the journey rather than the results.